Sunday, October 14, 2007

Show time

I've been waiting 6 weeks since I started work, tomorrow I conduct my first lecture, first tutorial and first lab session.

It's been a balance of excitement and dread over the 6 weeks, but now that it's here and there are so many last minute things happening, so many thoughts flying thru my mind -

"Can I relate to the students?"
"Can I control the classes and not let discipline go completely out of the window?"
"Will the fact that I look so much younger than the other lecturers impede my ability to teach?"
"Do I have the energy to keep trying to make my classes interesting for them?"
"Do I have what it takes?"


heh, what can I say. Stress lah. It's like a presentation at work, except that it would be my toughest clients yet. haha...

Just got to get past tomorrow, after that everything will be much better. Right now, heart's beating so fast and stomach's stuffed with butterflies.

Father, grant me Your peace that comes with letting You take control. Give me the courage to do what I know is Your plan for me.

0 comments: