Thursday, January 24, 2008

Got it!

It's been hinted and seemingly more and more likely, but I didn't dare believe it yet. Yesterday afternoon though, the first guy who interviewed me (you'll remember it as the one I thought I seriously bombed out) to tell me they were offering me the job! In that moment, all the anxiety, all the hopes, all the wishes, they were freed.

Having thought about why I am doing this for so long, I can only conclude that it is just something I wanted and felt I needed to do. For so many reasons, most of which I accept may not be ideal. Wanting to get real exposure in the industry I have found very interesting to me (as oppose to EY-type exposure), wanting to see how a real MNC works (as opposed to local firm pretending to be MNC), wanting to get the experience of being in a bank. I admit, this is a career-changing opportunity that will give me access to many jobs I never even had a chance to consider in the past.

But I still wanted to try to commit this to God, tho my will was so strong. I asked God to please close this door if You do not want this for me, because I do not have the strength to say no on my own.

Yet..the contract came in today, 1 day before my last day so I don't go jobless and few days before I go to army on Monday so I have a chance to defer. The timing is so incredible I really felt in that moment that the timing was His.

Later in the night, I felt this prompting that reminded me that He had provided and I had been blessed by Him.

Father, I know I have been blessed by You. Maybe in some way You have given me this path because of the year I had and how much I wanted it, maybe You want me to experience it one time jialat jialat and admit to myself how illogical it is to do this for long.

But ultimately I know that whatever blessing comes from You, and I will bless others because I have been blessed by You. I will ask the brothers in cell to keep me accountable, I will not disappear from You, Lord.

I went down to sign the contract today. When lcc saw me after, he said I was seriously beaming. Sure, there's unlikely to be beaming at 3am next time, but for one night, I would scarcely believe that I had gotten the job.

0 comments: